COVID-19 PROTOCOLS FOR RE-OPENING SCHOOL – CLICK HERE
Dashboard Details – Click here
January 7th, 2022
Dear Highland Prep Families,
We hope you had a restful holiday and were able to spend some quality time with your loved ones. We have enjoyed seeing our students back in our classrooms after a well-deserved winter break. Although we have had a great start to the new year, our highest priority continues to be the health and safety of our students and staff.
During the winter break, there was a notable spike in cases in the Surprise area, which has been impacted by the Omicron variant spread within the community. That, along with high numbers of seasonal flu cases and other cold weather-related illness, has made it increasingly difficult for families to make decisions on when to keep their symptomatic student home, when to seek medical advice, and when to test for COVID or other viruses.
In order to help keep our learning community thriving, and open for in-person learning, our office and administrative staff at Highland Prep rely heavily on the information provided by parents during attendance phone calls. Health information shared by parents aides in the decision-making process of how and when to apply quarantine conditions specific to COVID in relation to duration of quarantine, timeline for testing, and when to return to school. With those timelines further differentiated between vaccinated and unvaccinated students.
One of the lessons we have learned as a result of the COVID-19 Pandemic is that in-person instruction and social contact is vital to our student’s social, emotional, and academic well-being. Our communities’ proactive approach to making medical decisions best fit to the needs of their family, in consideration of masking and vaccination, remain key to maintaining a safe environment for all students. As we know, the Pandemic has dramatically altered our student’s experiences at home, at school, and in the community. In an effort to further limit the impact of the Pandemic, it is imperative that we continue to work together to navigate this current surge in COVID-19 cases.
As you know, our school community has weathered this crisis successfully since it first began. I would like to acknowledge the past efforts of our families in working together as evidenced by a relatively high rate of vaccinations amongst our student population, students masking when necessary, and adherence to our mitigation plan. If you or your family are not already vaccinated or require a booster, here is a link for current vaccination events.
We are stronger together and will emerge from this Pandemic more resilient than before.
Highland Prep, Surprise
- Safe Return to in-Person Instruction Plan
- Distance Learning Plan
- Distance Learning Form
- On-site Learning Support
- Infection Disease Mitigation Plan
- 08/01/21 – Campus update – Click here
- 07/30/21 – CDC Memo – Click here
- 07/02/21 – CDC Guideline: Fully vaccinated people can resume activities without wearing a mask or physically distancing, except where required by federal, state, local, tribal, or territorial laws, rules, and regulations, including local business and workplace guidance.
Madison Highland Prep’s Plan: Students and teachers who are vaccinated will not be required to wear a face covering on campus. Face coverings for vaccinated individuals will be optional.
2020/2021 Archive Files
Letters from the Principal
- 01/07/2022 Letter from the Principal
- 04/19/2021 Letter from the Principal
- 01/15/2021 Letter from the Principal
- 12/27/2020 Letter from the Principal
- 09/22/2020 Letter from the Principal
- 09/04/2020 Letter from the Principal
- 08/28/2020 Letter from the Principal
- 08/11/2020 Letter from the Principal
- 08/05/2020 Infectious Disease Plan
- 08/04/2020 Letter from the Principal
- 07/27/2020 Letter from the Principal
- 07/10/2020 Letter from the Principal
- 07/02/2020 Letter from the Principal
- 06/22/2020 Letter from the Principal
- 05/18/2020 Letter from the Principal
- 05/11/2020 Letter form the Principal
- 05/04/2020 Letter from the Principal
- 04/27/2020 Letter from the Principal
- 04/20/2020 Letter from the Principal
- 04/13/2020 Letter from the Principal
- 04/06/2020 Letter from the Principal
- 03/31/2020 Letter from the Principal
- 03/30/2020 Letter from the Principal
- 03/26/2020 Letter from the Principal
- 03/20/2020 Letter from the Principal
- 03/13/2020 Letter from the Principal
- 03/12/2020 Letter from the Principal
- 02/27/2020 Letter from the Principal
Community Resources & Information