COVID-19 PROTOCOLS FOR RE-OPENING SCHOOL – CLICK HERE
Dear Highland Prep Families:
Highland Prep’s Education team has been closely following the Maricopa County Department of Public Health Services’ benchmarks for returning to in-person instruction. This past Thursday, the MCDPHS announced that the health benchmark data for the city of Surprise is trending in the right direction and meets the benchmarks to safely return to in-person learning starting on September 14th.
The health and safety of our students and staff is of utmost importance and we have implemented safety protocols to provide a safe environment while students are attending in-person. This includes:
- Asking families to self-screen their child/children for flu-like symptoms before school and keeping their child/children home if they exhibit any symptoms.
- Students entering the building at 7:45am and reporting straight to their first period classroom to minimize gathering in the lobby and hallways.
- Staggering classroom passing times and school dismissal to allow for proper distancing in the hallways.
- Seating assignments in the classrooms and lunchroom.
- Daily temperature checks for all staff and students.
- Mandatory face coverings for all staff and students except while eating.
- Air purifiers in every classroom along with cleaning and disinfecting throughout the day. Hand sanitizers and cleaning products will be readily available.
For more information regarding our safety protocols, please refer to the following link Covid-19 Operating Protocols.
Students who are continuing distance learning may return to in-person learning at the end of the first quarter or the end of the semester depending on what selection you made.
HP’s Administration and Staff will continue to be available to our families through email, social media updates, and by telephone. HP’s office continues to be open between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. HP’s office is reachable by telephone at 623-300-8385.
Jack Bagley, M.Ed.
Letters from the Principal
- 08/11/2020 Letter from the Principal
- 08/05/2020 Infectious Disease Plan
- 08/04/2020 Letter from the Principal
- 07/27/2020 Letter from the Principal
- 07/10/2020 Letter from the Principal
- 07/02/2020 Letter from the Principal
- 06/22/2020 Letter from the Principal
- 05/18/2020 Letter from the Principal
- 05/11/2020 Letter form the Principal
- 05/04/2020 Letter from the Principal
- 04/27/2020 Letter from the Principal
- 04/20/2020 Letter from the Principal
- 04/13/2020 Letter from the Principal
- 04/06/2020 Letter from the Principal
- 03/31/2020 Letter from the Principal
- 03/30/2020 Letter from the Principal
- 03/26/2020 Letter from the Principal
- 03/20/2020 Letter from the Principal
- 03/13/2020 Letter from the Principal
- 03/12/2020 Letter from the Principal
- 02/27/2020 Letter from the Principal
Community Resources & Information